Resilient Agriculture: Weather Ready Farms eFieldbook
The eFieldbook is an online, interactive guide created to help the agricultural industry become more resilient to weather extremes, climate variability, and climate change. It is based on the Weather Ready Farms model developed by Nebraska Extension. The focus is primarily on field crop farms and producers in the Great Plains and Midwest regions of the United States; however, many of the concepts and discussions can be utilized and adapted for other regions and agricultural operations. There are three primary types of pages in the e-publication:
- Information about the Resilient Agriculture: Weather Ready Farms efforts at The Extension Foundation (eXtension),
- Curated resources, and
- News and updates from the Resilient Agriculture: Weather Ready Farms team.
Participation with interactive eFieldbook features requires a one-time login using a LinkedIn® account. If prompted, please authorize LinkedIn® to share your profile information with eXtension so that you can customize your copy of the eFieldbook.
Once you have logged into the eFieldbook, you can:
- Browse information and curated resources on Resilient Agriculture: Weather Ready Farms.
- Participate in contextual discussion forums with other eXtension professionals.
- Create and view personal notes that are kept private to your LinkedIn® account.
- Access additional resources and tools in the eXtension Knowledge Network.
- Find experts at the Cooperative Extension Service.
- Bookmark pages, annotate bookmarks, and search your bookmarks.
Many of these features appear in specific locations to contextually situate your customizations in the overall book structure. You can also use a category-based filtered search through all of the information in the book.