NOAA Tides & Currents
The Tides & Currents website is an authoritative source for accurate, reliable, and timely water-level and ocean-current measurements that support safe and efficient maritime commerce, sound coastal management, and recreation. Information on the site comes from NOAA's Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services (CO-OPS) and its predecessors—agencies that have gathered oceanographic data along the nation's coasts for over 200 years.
This online portal provides a wide variety of data and tools that communities can use to assess coastal risks associated with projected climate change and variability, including:
- Tide and water level information, including water levels, tide predictions, sea level trends, extreme water levels, and inundation analysis
- Harmful algal bloom (HAB) forecasts
- Current station data and tables, and historical data, for currents
- Port information for 25 different ports across the country
- Meteorological observations
- Water temperature and conductivity data
- Astronomical data
Tides & Currents also features a library of CO-OPS publications, including educational and outreach publications, economic valuations and assessments, and technical reports, and educational materials for teachers and students.