Climate Change Adaptation Resource Center (ARC-X)
Create an integrated package of climate change adaptation information tailored specifically to your geographic location and/or area of interest.
This information portal from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is designed to help local governments effectively deliver services to their communities even as the climate changes. The Adaptation Resource Center allows users to navigate using a tailored search or a more traditional or linear route:
- To explore climate adaptation information by particular region of the country, users can choose the "Tailor Your Search" navigation pathway, featuring an interactive map and suggested topical areas of interest, such as Air Quality, Water Management, Public Health, and Adaptation Planning.
- For information on a particular area of interest, users can visit the "Implications of Climate Change" page for traditional web browsing.
Building on climate adaptation training for local governments launched by the EPA in 2015, ARC-X provides another important resource for building climate resiliency. The system guides users through all steps of an adaptation process, providing information on:
- The implications of climate change for particular regions and issues of concern,
- Adaptation strategies that can be implemented to address the risks posed by climate change,
- Case studies that illustrate how other communities with similar concerns have already successfully adapted, along with instructions on how to replicate their efforts,
- Potential EPA tools to help implement the adaptation strategies, and
- Sources of funding and technical assistance from EPA and other federal agencies.
29 June 2021 - 12:14pm
Steps to Resilience:
This content supports the highlighted step.