Coastal County Snapshots
Select a coastal county and explore summary snapshots describing its flood exposure, wetland benefits, or economic benefits from ocean jobs. Communities access these reports to benchmark current conditions and identify opportunities for building resilience.
Coastal County Snapshots turn complex data into easy-to-understand stories, complete with charts and graphs. Users select a coastal county of interest and the website does the rest, providing information that can help communities become more resilient to coastal hazards.
Local officials can use the snapshots as a planning tool to assess their county’s resilience to flooding and understand the benefits provided by natural resources. The handouts generated by the snapshots can be a helpful educational tool when working with governing bodies and citizen groups.
Coastal County Snapshots turn complex data into easy-to-understand stories, complete with charts and graphs.
- Assesses a county’s exposure and resilience to flooding
- Analyzes a county’s dependence on the ocean or Great Lakes for a healthy economy
- Examines the benefits a county receives from its wetlands
- Compares counties to each other or for regional analysis
- Allows users to download a PDF report for the snapshot of their choice
Current topics include:
- Flood exposure
- Wetland benefits
- Ocean and Great Lakes jobs
21 June 2021 - 3:34pm
Steps to Resilience:
This content supports the highlighted step.