Creating Resilient Water Utilities
Drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater utility professionals can access the resources on this website to find tools, training, and technical assistance to help them increase resilience to extreme weather events.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Creating Resilient Water Utilities Initiative provides water sector utilities with the practical tools, training, and technical assistance needed to adapt to climate change by promoting a clear understanding of potential long-term adaptation options. The program website includes resources to help water utilities plan for extreme weather, assess vulnerability, get training, and access other resources.
Specific tools and resources include:
- Climate Resilience Evaluation and Awareness Tool (CREAT) (includes local climate change projections)
- Resilient Strategies Guide for Water Utilities
- Training Center
- CREAT Climate Change Scenarios Projection Map
- Storm Surge Projection Map
- Streamflow Projection Map
- Case Study and Information Exchange Map
5 November 2021 - 9:19am
Steps to Resilience:
This content supports the highlighted step.